Re: Command line audio and CD player?

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
I'm looking for an audio and CD command line player,
but it seems that `cdplayer' only plays CD's but not audio files,
whereas `m3u123' viceversa only plays audio files but not CD's.

Any command line tool that plays both?

I use VLC (www.videolan.org) for all my media playing -- cd, mp3, DVD, streaming video and audio, etc. It'll play almost anything, and can be run be run from the command line with the "-I rc" option, or with an ncurses interface with "-I ncurses". It may be overkill if all you want to do is play audio, but perhaps worth looking into.

-J