Re: Printing from Acrobat

Carl Fink wrote:
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 02:26:34PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

How about this:

If the file you're trying to print doesn't have proprietary
or trade secret info in it, I volunteer to try printing it
using Acrobat Reader on my machine, and see whether I have
similar problems. This would at least provide another bit
of mystery if I have no problems.[*]

Ok, I got and tried to print using Acrobat 7.? and it didn't
work. I use Fedora Core, with CUPS, and an old HP Deskjet with
HPIJS. It created a job, which never printed, but which did
eventually clear the queue. I then tried printing to a file,
which ggv refused to display, claiming it was not a valid
PostScript file. So, I suspect that this is a defect in the
PDF to PostScript conversion in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

What is your goal? To get a copy of the form, or to get your
printer working? I mean your immediate goal. Eventually, of
course, you want to be able to print anything. If your goal
is just to get the form, then I suggest using other means.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.