Re: Printing from Acrobat

Carl Fink wrote:
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 02:26:34PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

How about this:

If the file you're trying to print doesn't have proprietary
or trade secret info in it, I volunteer to try printing it
using Acrobat Reader on my machine, and see whether I have
similar problems. This would at least provide another bit
of mystery if I have no problems.[*]

It's nothing mysterious. I need a new Social Security card, using the form
from this page:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ss-5.html

I could print page 5 ok, using xpdf and kprinter on a sid system.

Have you tried to print other pdfs or to print to another printer?

We have a Kyocera printer, which has a kind of funny version of postscript not 100% compatible. There are some pdfs on that printer that are just 'printed to nirvana' as you describe (papers from Nature are a notorious example). Other pdfs print flawlessly; the same pdfs print flawlessly on a different printer.

Alternatively you could try to convert that pdf to some bitmap image format via ImageMagick's convert or pdftoppm (belongs to xpdf) and print the resulting image with your favourite image viewing programme.

Good luck,

Johannes