Re: Fluxbox + Firefox slow

On 7/22/06, Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> wrote:
Kelly Clowers wrote:

>> -- Kazehakase (kazehakase) --
>>
>> An interesting GTK+ based browser. It is somewhat similar to Galeon, but
>> does things differently. The drawback is that it will pull Mozilla in.
>
> Never heard of this one before. By "pull Mozilla in" do you mean it uses
> Gecko, the Moz rendering engine? Because Epiphany and Galeon use it too.

No, unlike Epiphany and Galeon it embeds Mozilla browser directly in its
own window.

I was really confused by this, until I looked in aptitude and saw that
it depends
on Mozilla (and a specific version at that), while Galeon and Epiphany depends
on the Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR, forerunner of xulrunner).

But Kazehakase does look interesting, what with full text history
search and all.
And I had never heard of those RSS variants it supports...
Hopefully, in the future it will start using xulrunner. And I bet they could do
interesting things with MozStorage.

Thanks for bringing this browser to my attention.

Cheers,
Kelly