Re: Removing USB memory

Magnus Therning wrote:

BTW, I let udev mount the pluggable devices automatically.

I doubt udev is the party that mounts it. udev creates the device in
/dev, I don't think it can mount things.

Yes, you are correct.

AFAIU on GNOME this is what happens when a storage device is plugged in:

 1. udev creates a device node in /dev
 2. hal is informed about the new device
 3. gnome-volume-manager gets informed by hal and calls pmount to mount
    the device

Yes, that is what happens. Nice explanation. I was being sloppy with my one liner which was more or less meant to a 'slang' for the above steps. My bad.

->HS