adduser and RPC Connection

[redirected from gmane.linux.distributions.grml.user]

hi

whenever I add a user in grml, I get the following error:

rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Remote system error - Connection
refused

The respond that I got is that

- the Debian's useradd tried to run userauth via NIS by default, which will
make rpc calls/connections.

- The reason that I didn't notice this before is because Debian runs
portmapper by default - which grml doesn't.

Although I get the reason, I wasn't able to get the answer to my question --
is there any way to disable Debian's useradd from using NIS and making rpc
calls/connections?

Please help

thanks