Re: Why not?

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:
>     Pretty and pathetic does not trump ugly and useful any day of the week.
> If it did we'd all be on Windows or OSX.  I said they set out to make a great
> desktop.  They did that.

Hardly.  They made an "adequate" desktop.  As I mentioned, the QT-apps
I've used all seem rather clunky.  clunky == awkward.  Unpleasant to
use.

The gnome/gtk apps I've used are not _all_ that much better, but
generally do seem to be better.

Clearly all this is rather a matter of opinion; my only intent in
posting was to provide a counter to your implication that KDE/qt was
somehow obviously superior in functionality/usability, and that people
only like Gnome/gtk for "political" reasons.  That's simply not true.

-Miles
--
Any man who is a triangle, has thee right, when in Cartesian Space, to
have angles, which when summed, come to know more, nor no less, than