Re: Why not?

In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:44:44
-0500 John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> didst appear within my Magick
Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly supplicatory, did
polemicize thusly:

> Change the default to KDE and an equal number of people will complain
> that it isn't Gnome (I use neither).  Perhaps it could be made easier
> to switch, but I see no reason to change the default.  Don't forget
> that many new users have never heard of KDE, Gnome, or a desktop
> manager.

What a shame, too, because using various WMs is such a treat.

So,here's the reason for the subject change; why not have an easier way
to switch between DEs such as is found in most WMs?  It's dead easy
to switch between WMs because there is a menu entry for it.
For KDE and GNOME /not/ to have that availability looks suspiciously
like an attempt to tie-in new users to one or the other.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs