Re: Why?

Nate writes:
> No reason to change what?

The default.

> Perhaps it is all well to introduce the rank newcomer and train them in
>the GNOME way, but I have used a number of similar environments over the
>years and KDE for a DE and IceWM for a simple WM suit me best.

Change the default to KDE and an equal number of people will complain that
it isn't Gnome (I use neither).  Perhaps it could be made easier to switch,
but I see no reason to change the default.  Don't forget that many new
users have never heard of KDE, Gnome, or a desktop manager.
--
John Hasler