Re: Newbie Notes

Mike Hill <digidoctn@yahoo.com> writes:

> I then used apt-get to do an update, upgrade -u, and
> install gaim. Thanks for those who responded and
> helped me get this far. What other important first
> steps should I take? Do I need a firewall? Remember I
> am new, so if you make a suggestion, please keep it
> simple and provide suggestions as what commands I
> should use.

Hi Mike,
I would at this point apt-get install debian-reference-en, an excellent
guide by Osamu Aoki. Then point your browser to
file:///usr/share/doc/Debian/reference/reference.en.html

There is enough stuff there to keep you busy for a while :-)

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net