Re: Dapper Drake verdict: It sucks

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:52:06 +0200
Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Well, everyone knows that they should read the manual first, but who
> actually does? Especially, if one just wants to try a new release.

And especially if the Distro you are using is meant to be "User
Friendly".

I don't want to start a flame war, but I've been extremely
disappointed with Kubuntu Dapper. The distro seems to be very buggy
after the upgrade from Breezy, some prorams (k3b in particular) have
reduced functionality from the previous version, and so far the Ubuntu
team does not appear to be addressing bug reports submitted in their
proprietary "Launchpad" service. This version should have kicked Ubuntu
over the top as the premiere Linux distro for end users, but it seems
to have fallen flat.
--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com