Re: System configuration profile manager

Roberto Bernetti wrote:
Thank for the hint. SCPM can manage printing and video too I wonder if is there anything more similar.

I'm not using those tools too heavily, but some of them (laptop-net, IIRC) support scripts to run, when a network is 'entered' or 'left'. You can easily script something like

cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4-home /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
/etc/init.d/kdm restart

etc. or whatever you use.

One of the nice surprises, when I switched from Suse to debian, was the fact that debian's default settings automatically detect all my network printers. So this has since been a 'non-configuration' for me.

Johannes