Re: Dapper Drake verdict: It sucks

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Wednesday 14 June 2006 03:04, Brent Clark wrote:

Sorry, couldnt resist

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1026

After reading this sentence in the above article

"Once again I should have probably read the manual, but I figured I've done this before."

I think there is no need to give any importance to his review. IMHO, If someone does not take time to read a manual then it is not even worth considering his opinions/rant on a new release.

Of course, you are right.

On the other hand, on updating my debian system from old-stable to new-stable, I also would take the approach of Jason Norwood-Young, ie. on a non-production system, I would just hit aptitude update; aptitude dist-upgrade and expect that works _without_ having to read all of the 110-pages Installation Guide (for Debian Sarge i386).

Well, everyone knows that they should read the manual first, but who actually does? Especially, if one just wants to try a new release.

Johannes