Re: Dapper Drake verdict: It sucks

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 03:27:38AM -0400, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 03:04, Brent Clark wrote:
> > Sorry, couldnt resist
> >
> > http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1026
>
> After reading this sentence in the above article
>
> "Once again I should have probably read the manual, but I figured I've done
> this before."
>
> I think there is no need to give any importance to his review. IMHO, If
> someone does not take time to read a manual then it is not even worth
> considering his opinions/rant on a new release.

I disagree.  It all depends on the target audience.  If you target those of
little technical inclination, then an upgrade path that requires reading
upgrade notes for *important* things, is not really a good idea.

And generally, here's hoping DD's don't treat bug reports the same way
(sadly, some do).

Bye, J