Re: Tor

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:

According to the Tor overview, the government and military are already
using Tor:

"A branch of the U.S. Navy uses Tor for open source intelligence
gathering,

They're the ones who actually started it off originally, but it's now been taken over.
Which is why I asked about the new heads of operation.

and one of its teams used Tor while deployed in the Middle
East recently. Law enforcement uses Tor for visiting or surveilling
web sites without leaving government IP addresses in their web logs,
and for security during sting operations."

...and still do.

I've no objection to an open network, I actually promote the concept.
All I'm concerned with is the privacy/integrity factor.
Regards,