Re: Tor

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 23:40:27 -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
>On 10/06/06, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Grateful for any information.
>>>

>>Tor is amazingly easy to set up in Debian.  Install it and privoxy
>>with apt-get.  Then follow steps 2-4 at
>>http://tor.eff.org/docs/tor-doc-unix.html.en.
>

>This software looks very interesting to me. As you seem to be familiar
>with it, how would you say it affects speed? Is there a drastic
>reduction? Would I be able to use a p2p file-sharing or bit torrent
>programme, or would these simply be too much to handle?
>
>I am a simple computer user whom doesn't like the way the internet is
>headed. Hence the questions I posed.

If you are seriously interested you should consider donating some
bandwidth to Tor by setting up server:
http://tor.eff.org/docs/tor-doc-server.html.en

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's First Law:
To study a subject best, understand it thoroughly before you start.