Re: Tor

Katipo wrote:
> John Hasler wrote:
>
>> Craig Russell writes:
>>

>>> I didn't realize that the GPL was in danger of being declared
>>>  null and void in the US.
>>>

>> It isn't.
>>

>>> Is this a realistic fear or a rant?
>>>

>> It's just a conspiracy nut raving.
>>

> Yep. How silly of me. None of it's really happening, is it?

[snip]

> I'm signing off on this conversation before it goes any further.
>  Subject matter for 'User' is broad, but I'll make the point
> without persistence.

You should really do some *relevant* research first.  And focus on
your *own country*.

    the /Wallace v. FSF/ case has been dismissed, with Mr. Wallace
    ordered to pay the Free Software Foundation's costs. Mr.
    Wallace's fourth Amended Complaint was dismissed and the Free
    Software Foundation's Motion to Dismiss was granted. It's the
    Order that tells Wallace to pay the Free Software Foundation's
    costs. Judges do that when they'd like you to learn a good
    lesson. It's a signal you shouldn't have brought the case in the
    first place.

    So, the end result is, the GPL went to court, and the judge not
    only upheld it, he said this:

        [T]he GPL encourages, rather than discourages, free
        competition and the distribution of computer operating
        systems, the benefits of which directly pass to consumers.
        These benefits include lower prices, better access and more
        innovation.

    I'm sure that was not Mr. Wallace's intention, to strenghten the
    GPL. But he did.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA