Re: Can I stay in testing without going etch?

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:01:36PM -0600, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I want to run testing for I like keeping farely leading edge software on my
> computer.  When they freeze etch can I just change my repo's from etch to
> testing and keep getting new software, or do I have to wait for the etch
> freeze to be over before testing goes back to being what testing currently
> is.
>     I guess what I am saying is I want to run testing, getting software
> that has survived in unstable for about 10 days, but I don't want to stay
> with etch once it starts freezing and is no longer getting new software.
> Can I do that while etch is in freeze?

Yes and no. As long as etch is not released, etch and testing are the
same, so switching to testing won't help. Another thing to keep in mind
is that often just after a release testing gets a bit unstable, so it
might be best to go with etch, and go back to testing after a few
months, once it has stabilized again.

Frank