Can I stay in testing without going etch?

I want to run testing for I like keeping farely leading edge software on my computer.  When they freeze etch can I just change my repo's from etch to testing and keep getting new software, or do I have to wait for the etch freeze to be over before testing goes back to being what testing currently is.
     I guess what I am saying is I want to run testing, getting software that has survived in unstable for about 10 days, but I don't want to stay with etch once it starts freezing and is no longer getting new software.  Can I do that while etch is in freeze?

       Joseph Smidt
     jsmidt@byu.edu