Re: testing upgrade = dog's breakfast

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:38:23PM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:

> My current plan is to rebuild a stable box and leave testing to the
> hobbyists.

Maybe the upgrade path from stable to testing has not been settled
yet. You may get better results with installing testing rather than
doing an upgrade.

Actually, my point of view is that you can be better off with testing
when setting up a system that has to be kept up to date for years to
come, one reason for that being the hassle of eventually sticking with
older versions of software after an upgrade. For the last three
servers I set up at work, I decided to use testing, and they work
flawlessly. I'm also running it at home.

GH
--
Life is hard; and then you die.