Re: testing upgrade = dog's breakfast

I probably was not clear about what happened.

Prior to switching to testing, I was running Grub. Also,
the frozen messages happened prior to the switch. It seems that exim3
and mutt did not play well together (thunderbird worked well, however.)
I was also running the 2.6.12 kernel as default under grub in stable.
The mouse worked perfectly with the 2.6.12 cursor in the stable
distribution.

After the upgrade, lilo was the default loader (not my choice), and
the 2.4.18b kernel was the only kernel built into lilo. This latter
kernel result was probably because lilo simply built a Linux stanza.
The mouse worked perfectly under the 2.4.18b kernel. However, when I
added the stanza for the 2.6.12 kernel and booted, the mouse was
completely erractic. On a console I received messages about losing
synchronization.

My current plan is to rebuild a stable box and leave testing to the
hobbyists.

Art Edwards