Re: Handling apt-get, apt-cdrom, sources.list, cdroms.list

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:53:35PM +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
  <snip>
> Only, I'm disapponted because I'd preferred I could do without the net
> when installing packages: that all I needed was there in my two DVDs.

You can do the entire installation from the DVD's, but if you want to
build packages yourself you need the sources.

It might be a good idea to pull packages from the security archives
anyway, to keep vulnerabilities patched up, at least if you plan to use
that net at all.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."