Re: Handling apt-get, apt-cdrom, sources.list, cdroms.list

Arafangion <thestar@fussycoder.id.au> writes:

> In a nutshell, you need to be able to get the *source code*, not just
> the compiled binaries in order to make use of build-dep.
> You have two *binary* CD's, do you have a source CD?  You need to get
> them. (And the versions must be the same, afaik)
>
> Disclaimer: I have not actually done this.

Thanks, I see,
I seem to catch the problem's core.
The two CDs I have are actually two DVDs that came out of a magazine,
including the complete Debian Sarge 3.1 stable.
I have no more installation media.
I thought they were including everything I'd need, but instead,
if I understand what you say, they are not sufficient to fully satisfy
all the installation needs with Debian Sarge.
Sorry if I'm not technically correct.
Does anybody know how I could burn a source CD for the two I have?

Thanks indeed,
Rodolfo