Re: Handling apt-get, apt-cdrom, sources.list, cdroms.list

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:10:16 +0200
Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> Thanks, I see,
> I seem to catch the problem's core.
> The two CDs I have are actually two DVDs that came out of a magazine,
> including the complete Debian Sarge 3.1 stable.
> I have no more installation media.
> I thought they were including everything I'd need, but instead,
> if I understand what you say, they are not sufficient to fully satisfy
> all the installation needs with Debian Sarge.
> Sorry if I'm not technically correct.
> Does anybody know how I could burn a source CD for the two I have?

Do you not have network access from that machine?  If so, just add
some network sources to your sources.list, and pull the source from
over the net.

This is all explained in the documentation, btw.

man sources.list
http://www.debian.org/doc/ (esp. the Apt HOWTO)

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)