Re: three questions about debian

Miles Bader wrote:
> Doofus <doofus@bulldoghome.com> writes:
>
>>How mature is wine these days? The last time I looked at it
>>(admittedly a long time ago) it was still a windows 3.1 emulator (when
>>32 bit windows had long been released). It wasn't particularly stable
>>either.
>

> 5 years ago wine was pretty flaky.  These days it appears to be pretty
> nice.  It seems to run to run most modern windows software I've tried
> with it (various 3rd part apps, nothing from MS) with no obvious
> problems.

Out of curiousity, does it still choke on those braindead 16-bit
installers?  I recall a couple of years ago trying to install programs
that used a 16-bit installer and having the install utterly fail.
However, if I installed to a real Windows system and then copied all the
installed files over, it ran.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez