i810 and vesa drivers..

I have been experimenting with Debian on a Fujitsu P7120 which has
an Intel 915GMS video graphics chip.

Debian etch configured Xorg.conf to use the vesa driver, but
the i810 driver seems to work as well, and after installing
915resolution both support the full 1280x768 screen resolution.

i810(4) lists 915GM as amoungst the chipsets supported (not sure
how that differes from my 915GMS) so I assume it is the better one
to use.

Anything I should test to make sure that it is fully functional, or
optimizations I should try?

Are any of these warnings from /var/log/Xorg.0.log any cause for concern?
(WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic" does not exist.
(WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID" does not exist.
(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
(WW) I810(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
(WW) I810(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
(WW) I810(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
(WW) I810(0): Extended BIOS function 0x5f05 failed.
(WW) I810(0): Successfully set original devices
(WW) I810(0): Setting the original video mode instead of restoring
(WW) I810(0): Extended BIOS function 0x5f05 failed.
(WW) I810(0): Successfully set original devices (2)

I am also curious about what this 915resolution does. I assume there
is a table of resolutions in the BIOS which is copied to ram during
boot, but I can't see the point in having a table that doesn't include
all valid modes and can be patched like this. Anyone know any background
to this?

Thanks,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com