Re: three questions about debian

Christopher Nelson wrote:

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 03:00:54PM -0700, Xplicit Language wrote:

also is
anyone familiar with wine?

As a user.  What's your question?  If it's generally how to use it, 'wine
<windows binary name>'.  Not all windows programs work under wine, and
some require tinkering.

How mature is wine these days? The last time I looked at it (admittedly a long time ago) it was still a windows 3.1 emulator (when 32 bit windows had long been released). It wasn't particularly stable either. I've never really seen the point. If windows is your thing, why not use windows?

I'm not trying to bait anyone here. I'd be interested to read of what graphical windows software people out there are usefully running under a linux roof.