Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org> wrote:

> If you are using a graphical display, then UTF provides a good way to
> avoid the problem if your mail reading software can do the translation.
> But I don't think you can assume everyone on a public mailing list is
> going to have that.
>
> Regards,
> DigbyT

What do you need a graphical display for? If everything is properly set
up, special characters will display just fine in text mode. For a few
weeks I read mail using mutt, including -l10n-romanian, where special
characters are used on regular basis and sometimes are a must. No
problem reading that.

Regards
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)