Re: good anti-virus software to use?

lmyho wrote:
Yes it's a workstation, to be some kind of app server, but not mail server. But why
a workstation doesn't need anti-virus stuff?  Doesn't the Internet connection
unsafe?  Actually, I should asy, I want to find anti-spyware/adware/virus stuff,
just to make the workstation safe when connect to the Internet.

That's one of the differences between M$ and Linux:

When a virus occurs in Windows, it's the job of a virus scanner to remove it. When a virus (or other vulnerability) should occur in Linux, the program(s) are changed in order to make sure that this and any similar types of viruses won't work anymore.

Also linux viruses occur only very seldom -- probably because of linux's different security approach.

Johannes