Re: good anti-virus software to use?

--- "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> > I would like to ask for advice on some good anti-virus softwares to use on
> Debian.
> >
> > Thank you all for advice!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Leo
>
> Umm... what for?  Is this a workstation?  If so, you likely don't need
> an anti-virus.  Is this a mail server serving Windows clients?  If so,
> checkout clamav and/or amavis.
>
> More details would be helpful.

Yes it's a workstation, to be some kind of app server, but not mail server. But why
a workstation doesn't need anti-virus stuff?  Doesn't the Internet connection
unsafe?  Actually, I should asy, I want to find anti-spyware/adware/virus stuff,
just to make the workstation safe when connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!