Re: good anti-virus software to use?

On Thursday 20 April 2006 16:29, lmyho wrote:

> Yes it's a workstation, to be some kind of app server, but not mail server.
> But why a workstation doesn't need anti-virus stuff?  Doesn't the Internet
> connection unsafe?  Actually, I should asy, I want to find
> anti-spyware/adware/virus stuff, just to make the workstation safe when
> connect to the Internet.

Most viruses and worms depend on vulnerabilities that don't exist in Linux and
various user-space programs.  Generally speaking, widely adopted open source
packages tend to have much better code auditing than commercial software like
Windows or MS Office.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber