Re: X-Config...

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:10:32 +0200, Andrea Venanzi wrote:
> Hello! I have a Nvidia Geforce 5200, what driver and bus must I set in x-config in Debian 3.1r1 install?

Configuration should be more or less automatic when you install XFree86,
using the packages "discover", "mdetect" and "xresprobe".  You can
trigger this process again by running the following command as root:

dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low xserver-xfree86

It should identify the card and propose to use the "nv" driver. You can
then set your desired resolution(s). The bus address should be
recognized automatically, so you can leave that field empty. If anything
goes wrong you can use lspci to find out the bus address. Here is what I
get:

$ lspci
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11DDR [GeForce2 MX 100 DDR/200 DDR] (rev b2)

so I would have to specify "PCI:1:0:0" (without the quotes).

--
Regards,
          Florian