Re: good anti-virus software to use?

> Yes it's a workstation, to be some kind of app server, but not mail server. But why
> a workstation doesn't need anti-virus stuff?

There are no widespread viruses for GNU/Linux systems.

> Doesn't the Internet connection unsafe?

No internet connection is 100% safe, but it is not antivirus that you
need. It is a job for a firewall.

> Actually, I should asy, I want to find anti-spyware/adware/virus stuff,
> just to make the workstation safe when connect to the Internet.

GNU/Linux systems are much more secure than Windows by design. For
example, you will never get infected simply by browsing the web.

It is not that it is impossible to get infected, but for this to happen
you need to be really stupid or really unlucky. Do not run applications
of unknown origin and you will be more than safe.

If, however, you need something to play with, look at these packages:

 avscan      - virus scanner
 rkhunter    - trojan (rootkit) detector
 chkrootkit  - trojan (rootkit) detector
 firestarter - firewall

There is a lot more security related software, but common sense is still
the best security measure. Note that none of them will make your system
more secure simply by installing it.

Enjoy your Debian.