Re: Sound configuration and mount to usb device

Rocky Ou wrote:

   1. How can I mount to my usb port devices? I have a MP3 player. I
      can plug into USB port and copy & paste content betwen PC's
      harddrive and MP3 player. But when I switch to Debian, I do not
      know how to have access to it. The USB port works fine tested by
      plug in a usb keyboard.

If the MP3 player shows up as a file system in Windows (like a e: drive or something) and is fat32 compatiable, you could try the mount command... I've got a 256 MB Creative MuVo TX FM that I can mount with something like the following command...

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdrive where -t vfat is the file system type, /dev/sda1 is what the device shows up as, and /mnt/usbdrive is a folder I created.

--
Landy J. Bible

The University of Tulsa
Information Systems Technology Student