Re: X broken after upgrade on unstable

On 4/17/06, Jan Schledermann <spamtrap@schledermann.org> wrote:
> You should try to read the hundreds of posts, in this news
> group, covering this particular topic, over the past 2-3 days!
> Solutions and explanations havew been given to most of the
> problems arising from the sid/dist-upgrade problems pertaining
> to the latest xorg update.

That was a bit harder than usual to do, given I didn't have access to
X. And I did search for what I knew, namely bits of the error messages
I got but didn't have much success. I even searched the bug reports
but apparently didn't look for the right stuff. If I'd have known what
the problem was so I can search for it I wouldn't have had so much
trouble, now would I.

Anyway, what seems to have solved my problem are these two steps:
* Adjust the LoadModule directive in xorg.conf to point at
/usr/lib/xorg/modules.
* Delete my ~/.xauth directory.

Thanks for the pointer anyway, I'll pour over the messages in the last
few days and see what else I can expect.