Re: Today's disaster with xorg update

Florian Kulzer wrote:

I get the same error message, but X still starts for me, both with
"startx" from the console and with graphical log-in via kdm. Therefore I
would guess that you have an additional problem. Do you find any error
messages or warnings in the log files after you try to start X?

Try to run

egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Maybe that will turn up something useful to diagnose the problem.

I was able to get xorg started with your suggestion, but startx disregards my .xsession and tries to start twm (from /usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc), whicj is not installed. I'm thinking I maybe deinstalled some package by mistake.