Re: Today's disaster with xorg update

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 12:50:21PM -0400, nick lidakis wrote:
> I was able to get xorg started with your suggestion, but startx
> disregards my .xsession and tries to start twm (from
> /usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc), whicj is not installed.

It seems xinit is now executing the shell script
/usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc (which tries starting a few xterms and
twm) instead of /etc/X11/xinitrc (which runs /etc/X11/Xsession).

I temporarily fixed this by moving /usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc aside and
making a symlink to /etc/X11/xinitrc.  Another possible solution might
be to just symlink /etc/X11/xinitrc as $HOME/.xinitrc.

(I suppose on the upside of all this massive breakage, I finally have a
reason to figure out how X works. :-/)