Re: thunderbird -> kmail

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 00:23, Michael M. wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
Wow! Kmail's mailing list support is more than what I dreamed of. There
is reply to list feature. Filtering based on mailing lists is a breeze.
Out of curiosity, how is it easier to filter on mailing lists in Kmail
than in Thunderbird?  I use the "List ID" field for my Tbird mailing
list filters.  I just didn't think it got any easier. :-)

I am counting the number of key strokes and/or mouse clicks to set up a
filter.  In kmail all I had to was Message -> Create Filter -> Filter on
Mailing-list debian-user and almost all the stuff is already filled up.

Are you sure Tbird has "List ID" field? I could not find any. I always used
"To or CC". Where did you find "List ID" in Tbird? I am using Debian Unstable,
thunderbird 1.5. Are you using the same versions?

thanks
raju
You can filter on any header you want by selecting "Customize" from the drop-down box of fields in the filtering tool. Those fields that are there already, like "To or CC," are there for convenience, probably because someone determined they are the most commonly used. But it's not an exclusive list of the available fields.

Of course, it helps to use a field that actually exists in the headers of the email you want to filter. :-)

I'm also using v.1.5 (20060228) from Sid.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson