Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:28:59AM +0100, Doofus wrote:
> I'll never accept this reasoning. To my mind it takes openness to a
> level that just causes unnecessary grief for many legitimate users.

What unnecessary grief?

Take a look through the debian-user archive for March 2006.  Count how
many spam messages actually hit the list.

Then compare that to how many messages were spent responding to (and
even translating) the occasional spam, arguing whether fruit is on
topic, redundantly discussing about petsupermarket, misdirected
unsubscribe emails, and incessent whining about the openness of the
lists.