Re: how do I stop my processor fan

Please post in conversational order for ease of reading and quoting.
http://ursine.ca/Top_Posting

On Thursday 06 April 2006 07:37, Craig M. Houck wrote:
> You don't want the processor fan to stop...at least I would never want fan
> on top of the processor of ANY compuer I used to stop.

Laptops are a special case:  They kick the fan on and off as temperature
requires, sometimes with variable speeds as it gets hotter or colder.  This
is done to conserve batteries and reduce noise.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber