Re: How often should I fsck my ext3 partition?

Brad Sawatzky wrote:
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006, Mike McCarty wrote:

A related question is how to do it without taking the machine down
uncleanly or fiddling an arcane file somewhere. I've thought about
perhaps doing...

FYI, if you simply want to force a fsck on the next boot (ignoring the
various filesystem flags), just run 'touch /forcefsck' anytime before you
shutdown.  (Apologies if this was mentioned in an earlier post, I missed
the start of the thread.)

It wasn't, but I did mention "fiddling an arcane file somewhere".
This is the "fiddle" I had in mind. Thanks for the reply.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.