Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

On 2006-04-04, Pascal Hakim penned:
> I'm sorry, but I don't believe you can say something is another
> user's responsability. The last thing the listmaster team wants to
> have to do is to go through every message that has leaked the
> headers and deal with that. Someone's already mentioned that it
> looks like gmail does that by default. We have a lot of gmail
> subscribers, and that number is only going to grow.

It will always be N-1, where 1 is me.  I tried reading d-u via gmail
for a while, and was silly enough to believe gmail's "so much space
you'll never run out!" theory.  Months later, I had filled half my
quota, entirely with mailing list entries.  But there's no way to
delete more than a page of messages at a time via their web interface
(please, someone, prove me wrong!), so I ended up having to suck down
all of the messages via pop in order to delete them.  If I had had
messages I wanted to keep in gmail, that would have really sucked.

Web interfaces FTL.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: