Re: Junk email on a slow line

Ron Johnson(ron.l.johnson@cox.net) is reported to have said:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 19:18 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Daehenoc(daehenoc@optusnet.com.au) is reported to have said:
> > > Matthew,

> [snip]
> >
> > My 26K POTS connection suffers from 'Junk' like this so much I was
> > tempted to blacklist all those who were involved.  Opted to add
> > 'Fruits & Veggies' to my mailfilterrc file instead of the offenders.
>
> Have you thought about pre-deleting mail while it sits on the
> POP server?

Learn something new every day, Ron.

wajig show mailfilter
 Mailfilter is very flexible utility for UNIX (-like) operating systems to get
 rid of unwanted e-mail messages, before having to go through the trouble of
 downloading them to the local computer. It offers support for one or many
 POP3 accounts and is especially useful for dialup connections via modem,
 ISDN, etc. Install Mailfilter if you'd like to remove spam from your POP3 mail
 accounts.

WT