Re: How do you grow a pineapple in non tropical areas?

Matthew,

Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 10:08:15PM -0800, Hex Star wrote:
>
>>How do you grow a pineapple in non tropical areas?
>
> Stop this now.  Enough bandwidth was already wasted in the original
> thread, and then again in the melons thread.

My interest is piqued on just how much bandwidth has been used on these
threads!

Doing a quick tally of the respecive threads:
"How do you grow a pineapple in non tropical areas?": 17kb (not
including this message)
"how to pick fresh fruit": 63kb
Total: 80kb

Time to download these threads on a 56kbit modem (assuming full
bandwidth connection): 80kb/5kb-per-sec (roughly) = 16 seconds.

Time wasted reading all threads on debian-users: hours.

hours/16seconds = 1/450th of time taken to read all threads

80kb downloaded on a 256kb DSL connection: 4 seconds, corresponding
fraction: 1/1800th

Moving on to 1.5Mb or higher connection makes the download time pretty
minute.

So unless the connection that is available to you to download the
messages is less than 56kb, the amount of bandwidth and corresponding
amount of time required by you to is pretty small, considering the
amount of traffic on debian-users, the amount of data downloaded and
what I assume is an adequate 'net connection at your end.