Re: Selective remote mail deletion

> > On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 16:52 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > Depending on how comfortable you are with the command line, you
> > > could run this program:
> > >
> > > $ python popdel.py <your.ISP's.pop> <your_username>
> > >
> > > It asks you for a password, then displays From, Subj & Date and
> > > asks you if you want to delete it.
> > >

> > Thank you for your script. Seems like a good answer, I will give it a
> > try.
>
> Glad I could help.  But I've got to ask: what problem are you trying
> to solve by pre-deleting files?
>
> --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson, LA USA
>
> "Man, I'm pretty. Hoo Hah!"
> Johnny Bravo

I'm trying to view subject line of new ones and then delete unwanted
messages and spam from the server. So next time I access the account
from a different machine (I keep all messages on server for a year) all
the junk won't download again 'cos it's gone.
I know, maybe I should just centralize it and run a mail server on one
of the machines at home.

But it would be extremely useful if Evolution, or any other mail client
on Linux, had this feature.

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054