Re: Poster to this lists email address not obfuscated? If so it makes this list a heaven for spam bots...:-(

Incoming from Florian Kulzer:
> s. keeling wrote:
> >Incoming from Hex Star:
> >
> >>[snip]
> >>contain my full email address instead of it being obfuscated like on other
> >>lists (e.g. they change email addresses in the archive to something like
> >
> >Consider joining my (ad hoc) "Poison The Well" project:
> >
> >  http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html
>
> Maybe I misunderstand what you are doing, but aren't you increasing the
> spam load for people whose real email addresses are used/forged as the
> sender address by the spammers? How do you make sure not to include any
> addresses of legitimate users in your list?

They're already being used.  I receive spam addressed from
keeling@spots.ab.ca, which doesn't surprise me.  "My posting them ...
isn't going to let any cats out of any bags that aren't already out."

I'll happily remove any entry from the list when requested, and so far
I've not received any such request.  I'm just trying to increase the
noise in their S/N ratio, that's all.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -