Re: ready to use debian or ubuntu laptop reccomendations?

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 13:25, Star King of the Grape Trees wrote:

> Windows is very expensive *UNLESS* you get some sort of volume discount
> or you purchase it with your computer.
> I have heard of places where windows cost $30 AUD or less, due to these
> deals with MS.

Microsoft's OEM list price for Windows XP Pro is US$135.00 right now,
generally speaking, subtract that amount for the fair market cost of the
hardware without Windows.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber