Re: xrdb questions

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:37:39PM -0600, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> I did forget to mention that if I run
>
> xrdb --query
>
> I do see the emacs and  rxvt stuff , and if I exit emacs and rxvt and
> start them up again, things are fine.
>
> I can't think of anything else, though.

The problem is probably that X resources are (by default) cleared when
the last client disconnects from the X server.

>From xrdb(1x):

   -retain This option indicates that the server should be
	   instructed not to reset if xrdb is the first client.
	   This never be necessary under normal conditions, since
	   xdm and xinit always act as the first client.