Re: question about sb16 module

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 14:36, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:23:06PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 March 2006 05:16, sqrt3@citiz.net wrote:
> > > I have woody and ISA non-PnP SB16 card, but the bf24
> > > kernel of woody can't use it. It seems to me that bf24
> > > try to use ISA PnP module before loading sb16 module.
> > >
> > > This is ridiculous, SB16 has both PnP and non-PnP
> > > versions!
> >
> > Remember that with the non-PNP soundblaster, you have to specify the io
> > address, interrupt, etc.
>
> Hi Paul,
> would sndconf (did I rememebr that utils name?) help?

Not familiar with that.  What I'm talking about is actually passing options to
the kernel at the time the sb16 module gets inserted.  You need io= irq= and
one other argument (IIRC, it's been 10 years since I dealt with non-PnP
hardware) to get the job done with that card.

Though PCI is so common and a quality card like the SB Live 128 are as cheap
as free if you look in the right places, and unlike the SB16, the Live 128
can play more than one sound at once.  That might be a better long-term
solution.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber