Re: CUPS, Sarge/Debian/GNU/Linux and Mac OS X

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 04:17:08PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I'm using OSX 10.4.5 and your lines in cupsd.conf, and I get an error message
> and no print output. The only difference that I can identify is Sarge vs. Sid.
> I also doubt that this is critically important. Can you speculate/think of
> something else?

Enable debug logging in CUPS, restart the daemon, then try to print.  You
should be able to determine what CUPS thinks is wrong.

IMO, the problem is NOT on the OS X side.

# LogLevel: controls the number of messages logged to the ErrorLog
# file and can be one of the following:
#
#     debug2	Log everything.
#     debug	Log almost everything.
#     info      Log all requests and state changes.
#     warn      Log errors and warnings.
#     error     Log only errors.
#     none      Log nothing.
#

#LogLevel info
LogLevel debug2

Then tail /var/log/cups/error_log as you try to print from the OS X box.

Oh... just thought of something.  You said this was Sarge, right?  Good,
then you're not being bit by the disaster the CUPS maintainer made of
cupsd.conf when he wanked debconf configurability into it.

At least, I hope you're not.

--
 Marc Wilson |     /* * Please skip to the bottom of this file if
 msw@cox.net |     you ate lunch recently * -- Alan */ -- from Linux